Published May 10, 2016 on LHH.com
The best day we have at work is likely to be the day when we are truly inspired.
Inspiration can come from many different sources. We can catch inspiration from inspiring co-workers. Or, by watching a seemingly impossible problem being solved. Or even from watching colleagues demonstrating confidence in the face of adversity.
Here is a list of the things that inspire me the most:
- I am inspired by people that are enthusiastic about their jobs or their families, and convey that enthusiasm in everything they do and say. Being with people who are enthusiastic about life make me feel good and prompts me to cultivate my own enthusiasm.
- I am inspired by people that conjure creative, unique or surprising solutions to problems that seemed unsolvable. These people are capable of pointing out possibilities that I had not considered, and solutions I thought were unattainable. They dare to dream and inspire others to take action.
- I am inspired by people who believe in me and make me feel worthy and accepted. If I make a mistake or if things don’t turn out well the first time, these people are not quick to judge or write me off. They are empathetic and generous. Not only do they bring out the best in me, they also grow my faith in humanity.
- I am very much inspired by people that are always optimistic about the future. Fear and paranoia do not drag down these people. They are always focused on the positive, and tend to find new opportunities in every challenge. These people inspire me to always do better and move forward, no matter how many challenges I face.
- I am inspired by those colleagues who place the common interest above their own interests. These people resist the temptation to tear down others to promote their own careers. These are the people who genuinely celebrate the success of others.
- I am inspired by people who take the time to prepare me for change, explain why it’s important and then involve me in the process. These people not only help me embrace change, they help me to thrive in the new environment.
- I am inspired by the leader that is capable of showing his or her vulnerability. When I can relate their weaknesses to mine, I cease to be afraid of them. This makes me want to work hard to help them succeed, knowing that ultimately it will help me succeed as well.
- I am inspired by people who have a clear idea here they are going in their careers, who strive joyfully to accomplish their goals with passion. These people are great role models that make me want to follow in their footsteps.
- I am inspired by teams that are committed, straightforward and respect each other in spite of their differences of opinion, training, or mindset. The shared strength of a good team can make its members feel invincible.
- I am inspired by people that lead bold projects, and don’t give up on them in the face of adversity. I am inspired by their resolve and their belief that no dream is too big to pursue.